Club premises certificates
Clubs must be qualifying clubs. A qualifying club must meet certain general conditions. These are:
- a person may not be given memberships or as a candidate for membership to any membership privileges without an interval of at least two days from their membership application or nomination and their membership being granted
- that club rules state that those becoming member without nomination or application cannot have membership privileges for at least two days between them becoming members and being admitted to the club
- that the club is established and conducted in good faith
- that the club has at least 25 members
- that alcohol is only supplied to members on the premises on behalf or by the club
Additional conditions in relation to the supply of alcohol must be complied with. These conditions are:
- that alcohol purchased for and supplied by the club is done by members of club who are over 18 years of age and are elected to do so by the members
- that no person at the expense of the club receives any commission, percentage or other similar payment in regard to the purchase of alcohol by the club
- that there are no arrangements for anyone to receive a financial benefit from supplying alcohol, apart from any benefit to the club or to any person indirectly from the supply giving a gain from running the club
Registered industrial and provident societies and friendly societies will qualify if the alcohol is purchased for and supplied by the club is done under the control of the members or a committee of members.
A fee, based on the rateable value of the premises, is payable for an application for a club premises certificate (see Information for Applicants, Appendix 4).
Target completion period: we will aim to issue your licence within 6 working days from determination of your application.(Where relevant representations are received, this will be within 6 working days of a decision by a Licensing sub-Committee at a hearing).