Toggle menu

Vary the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)

User icon


Premises licenced to sell alcohol must specify a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). Over time, the DPS may change and if it does, you will need to apply for a variation.


To apply, you will need to:

  • ask the proposed DPS to complete a consent form
  • complete the application form
  • provide supporting documents
  • pay the appropriate application fee

Apply now
on the GOV.UK website

You must also send a copy of your application to the police who have the right to object if they believe the variation will undermine the crime prevention objective. If the police lodge an objection, the application will be determined at a hearing before a Licensing sub-Committee.

If you don't want to apply online, you can download an application form (PDF) [208KB] or download a consent form (PDF) [71KB]  to complete, and send back to us.

Contact us

If you have any queries, or require help with your application, please contact the Licensing Team.

  • email:
  • phone: 01237 428700
  • post: Licensing Team, Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email