Toggle menu

Gambling and Betting Licences - More Information

12. Occasional Use Notices

An Occasional Use Notice may be used to authorise betting on a track for up to eight days in any calendar year.

The definition of 'track' covers not just permanent racecourses and dog tracks but any land on which a race or other sporting event takes place.  This includes, for example, agricultural land on which point-to-point meetings take place.  The person giving the Notice must be responsible for the administration of the event or be the owner/occupier of the track.

Any person wishing to provide betting facilities on a track under an Occasional Use Notice must hold a Betting Operators Licence from the Gambling Commission.

There is no fee for an Occasional Use Notice.

You can download an Occasional use Notice by clicking on the appropriate icon on the right.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email