Toggle menu

Gambling and Betting Licences - More Information

4.3 Premises Licences

Premises Licences will be granted by Licensing Authorities for the following facilities:

  • Bingo halls
  • Betting premises (including betting shops, betting tracks etc)
  • Adult gaming centres (higher value gaming machines)
  • Family entertainment centres (lower value gaming machines)

Generally, Premises Licences may only be granted to a person with a relevant Operating Licence granted by the Gambling Commission.

Licensing authorities have the power to attach conditions to Premises Licences.

A Premises Licences lasts indefinitely.  An annual fee is payable to the Licensing Authority to maintain the licence.

You can download an application form by clicking on the appropriate icon on the right.


Casino licences may only be granted in areas designated by the Secretary of State.

Torridge is not a permitted area so we are unable to issue a premises licence for a casino.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email