The role of the Economic Regeneration Team at Torridge is to help develop the local economy and provide strategic input to local and regional economic policy making. The Council is committed to attracting new jobs to the area through its inward investment programme and works in partnership with other agencies.The Economic Regeneration Team works throughout the region to promote the interests of Torridge District, its businesses and communities.
Economic Development objectives
The Economic Regeneration Team seeks to fulfil the Corporate Objectives of the Council and strengthen the local economy through a range of approaches and efforts, working with a range of key partners such as North Devon Council, Petroc and the North Devon UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- The development of regeneration projects to attract funding and create opportunities, in particular within town centres
- Improvement of economic infrastructure such as full fibre broadband or the availability of economic development land
- Develop projects to support economic development and community wellbeing, making Torridge a better place to live, work and visit
- Ensure that environmental priorities are promoted and capitalise on Natural Capital opportunities.
- Provide a link to funded Business Support programmes, including from North Devon+ and Cosmic.
- Support Innovation and Technology
- Marketing for Inward Investment
- Promote Skills and Learning
- Work with local businesses to support growth opportunities
A key feature of the Department's work is partnership working and facilitation with other agencies. For any form of advice and support please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01237 428700.