Toggle menu

Environment, ASB & nuisance FAQs

My neighbour is causing me problems with their behaviour - what can I do?

Anti-social behaviour is any unsatisfactory behaviour caused by the occupier of the house or any visitors to the house that is deemed an annoyance, nuisance or harassment to people who are not of the same household. This includes, but is not limited to, noise, violence, abuse, threats and the use of the property for any activity relating to illegal drugs.

For rented property, it is expected that landlords adopt robust procedures for dealing with anti-social behaviour relating to their property and undertake to deal with any complaints, which have been made directly to them, via the Local Authority or Police.

Adequate referencing checks of prospective tenants will help reduce the likelihood of letting the property to someone who has a history of anti-social behaviour, although it is still recommended that clauses be put into the letting agreement so that tenants are aware their responsibilities and the process which will be followed if they fail to meet those responsibilities.

If you are being affected by persistent anti-social behaviour complete a complaint of nuisance form

We work closely with the police on these issues. Further information can be found at: Report a crime or antisocial behaviour on the website.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email