Toggle menu

I have a blocked drain - who's responsibility is it to clear it?

Ownership of drainage can fall to South West Water, Devon County Council Highways or householders themselves, depending on the type and age of the drain.

The local authority can take formal action to deal with certain types of drainage issues. Further information can be found on our Drainage page.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email