Your data: Sundry Debtors and Creditors
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Sundry Debtors and Creditors
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform our official functions and has a clear basis in law.
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our own accounts and records.
- The administration and collection of other revenue.
- Activities we are required to carry out as a data controller and public authority.
- Internal financial support and corporate functions.
Please note that in order to comply with current legislation your data may also be used for:
- Data matching under local and national fraud initiatives (creditors only).
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Courts and tribunals
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Local and central government, for example during National Fraud Initiatives
- Professional advisors and consultants, for example auditors
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note that there is a contractual requirement to provide your personal information in respect of this service.
Any failure to provide your personal information may prevent or delay us meeting our statutory requirements or in providing you with a timely and effective service.
Automated Decision Making
There are no automated decision making processes used in the provision of this service.