Torridge District Council and North Devon Council have adopted a Joint Inclusive Equality Scheme that sets out the equality objectives for the next 3 years.
The equality objectives for Torridge District Council and North Devon Council are:
1. Set up structures that allow our communities to have their voices heard in a wider arena
2. Encourage organisations in North Devon and Torridge to work together to offer better experiences that celebrate diversity and help promote stronger and more inclusive communities.
3. Work with local communities and partner organisations to improve local services and facilities, particularly in disadvantaged areas.
4. Publish an evidence base of equality data to demonstrate our compliance with the Equality Act and to inform our policies and practices.
5. Continue to assess the impact of our decisions on groups at risk of disadvantage and discrimination and put a stronger emphasis on working with stakeholders and public sector partners when undertaking Equality Impact and Needs Assessments (EINAs).
How these objectives will be delivered is outlined in the Joint Inclusive Equality Scheme Action Plan