Toggle menu

Sex establishments

To run a sex establishment you will require a licence from the Local Authority. 'Sex establishments' includes sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues.


To apply for a sex establishment licence you will need to:

  • provide a completed application form
  • provide a plan of the premises
  • provide a basic criminal record disclosure or a police subject access check (no more than 1 month old) for each applicant.
  • pay the appropriate fee. See Fees & Charges

Please ensure you read the Sex Establishments Licensing Policy, available in the downloads section.

To apply please download the application form available under downloads.


Contact Details for Licensing Team


Telephone: 01237 428700

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email