Toggle menu

UK Parliamentary Vacancies

UK Parliament Logo

If a seat became vacant in the UK Parliament the Speaker of the Commons would issue a warrant, which would be followed by the issue of an election writ.  During a parliamentary session the warrant is issued following a motion in the House of Commons.  If a vacancy occurred after a new parliament (straight after a general election) the warrant would not be issued until the time for bringing an election petition had passed.  If a writ is pending the warrant will not be issued until the petition has been heard.

Current UK Parliamentary (Torridge & West Devon Constituency) Vacancies


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email