Your data: Communications Team, Corporate Complaints
Service Specific Privacy Notice - Communications Team, Corporate Complaints
This notice contains service specific privacy information and should be read in conjunction with our pages detailing privacy information common to all service areas, such as how to contact the Data Protection Officer, Exercising of Your Rights, Data Storage and Retention and Feedback and Complaints.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The Data Protection Act requires that personal data is collected and processed only where there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis' which applies in this instance are as follows:
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of a third party.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Special Category Personal Data
In some cases it may be necessary for us to collect hold and process information of a more sensitive nature. Where this is the case, the lawful basis for us to do so is as follows:
- Explicit consent: the customer has provided their consent
Purpose of Processing Personal information
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Corporate administration and activities we are required to carry out as a Local Authority, specifically the investigation and resolution of corporate complaints.
Personal Data Collected From Third Parties
Please note that the following information:
- Details of the complainants interactions with service areas;
- Details of goods and services provided.
May be obtained from third parties such as:
- Service providers, where these providers are linked to the complaint.
To ensure that the council provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information between teams within the council.
We may also share information with third parties that support the delivery of the services you receive or where we are legally obliged to do so. Information we hold may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Service Providers, where these providers are linked to the complaint.
We will only ever share your information if we are satisfied that our partners or suppliers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information in the same way that we do.
We will never share your information for marketing purposes.
Failure to Provide Personal Information
Please note that providing your personal information is necessary to enable the Council to fulfil its statutory obligations and any failure to provide this information may prevent or delay us in meeting these obligations and in providing you with a timely and effective service.