Terms and conditions
Information regarding Torridge District Council website legality
All material, images and pages featured on this site are subject to Torridge District Council copyright protection unless otherwise stated. This material may be used for non-commercial or educational purposes without the express permission of Torridge District Council but an acknowledgement of the Councils copyright must be included. Should you wish to copy, reproduce or in any other way use the material on this site for commercial purposes you must first gain the prior written consent of Torridge District Council. To request this permission please contact email@example.com
Whilst Torridge District Council makes every effort to keep the information on this web site accurate, we disclaim any warranty or representation, express or implied about its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for a particular purpose. Thus you assume full responsibility for using the information at this web site, and you understand and agree that neither Torridge District Council nor any of its employees is responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
Torridge District Council is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. For more information please follow the 'Related Article' link on the right of this page.
Torridge District Council Social Media Code of Conduct
The social media team at Torridge are responsible for several different social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
We're happy to help you in any way that we can and look forward to seeing your views and feedback. We do however expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of house rules:
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts which we feel are inappropriate.
- We will block and/or report users who direct posts at us which we believe are:
- Abusive or obscene
- Graphic, sensitive or offensive imagery
- Deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property rights
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Spam (persistent negative and/or abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response)
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
Responding to users
- We'll do our best to respond to your enquiries as soon as possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your enquiry is more urgent.
- We'll try to help you, or direct you to people and/or departments who can, wherever possible.
- Our working hours are 08:45 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08:45 - 16.45 Friday. We'll deal with any enquiries sent outside of these times as soon as possible.