Public toilet quality criteria
To enhance the service which we provide, the following criteria are being applied to all public conveniences owned by Torridge District Council
- All facilities to be neat and clean, well lit and ventilated, free from graffiti & damage.
- All facilities to be cleaned at least once daily and inspected weekly.
Family provision (subject to site restraints)
- All facilities to have baby change units and nappy bins.
- All facilities to have a cubicle sufficient for Parent/Child occupancy.
- All male facilities to have a low level urinal for children.
- A minimum of steps and level access where possible.
Disabled facilities (subject to site restraints)
- A disabled toilet compliant to 1999 Building Regulations Part M, available 24 hours each day, i.e. RADAR (Royal Association For Disability and Rehabilitation) suited locking.
- Suitable access.
- Low energy lighting to be fitted, with photocell or timer controls.
- Water conservation fittings to be installed at all facilities.
- Combined wash/drier units to be installed (subject to suitability).
- Electrical installations to be tested at least every five years.
- All facilities to be designed to minimise vandalism but balanced with appearance.
- All facilities to have external night time lighting.