There is an issue with the water provided by South West Water - can the council get involved?

Torridge District Council has no legal powers over the quality of mains supplies.

The duty to provide good quality mains water in this area is that of South West Water; you can contact them with any concerns you may have on 0344 346 2020.  However, Environmental Protection does have a watching brief and will offer advice and guidance on any mains water concerns you may have.