I have a blocked drain - who's responsibility is it to clear it?

Ownership of drainage can fall to South West Water, Highways or householders themselves, depending on the type and age of the drain.

Further information can be found on our Drainage page.

The Local Authority can take formal action to deal with certain types of drainage issues. For further advice contact environmental.protection@torridge.gov.uk