Food Business Waste

Waste is regulated by the Environment Agency. Some waste is classified as 'controlled wastes'; these include household, industrial and commercial waste. Other wastes are known as 'non-controlled'; these include waste from agriculture, mines and quarries, but these are not currently regulated in the same way as controlled wastes. Other waste types may be classified as hazardous; this is a very broad term for a wide range of substances that present different levels of risk.

We have provided links on the right-hand side of the page to related articles and links to other websites that you may find useful. However, if you require further information on this or other Health & Safety topics, or if you wish to report broken links on our website, you can contact the team on 01237 428700, or email us at foodandsafety@torridge.gov.uk.

Read More